Latvia is a country on the Baltic Sea with the Gulf of Riga in the west between Estonia in the north, Lithuania in the south, Russia in the east, and Belarus in the southeast. The Baltic Sea with the Gulf of Riga is the inseparable sights and has always been admired by tourists and local people. Latvia is among world's greenest countries.Its countryside is marked by wide beaches as well as dense, large spread forests covering over 40% of this country. Latvia also counts more than 3,000 lakes and 12,000 rivers and has four seasons of near-equal length.
National name - Republic of Latvia
Capital – Riga
Monetary unit: euro
Official language –Latvian
Main cities - Riga ,Daugavpils, Vec- Liepaja, Liepaja, Jelgava,
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN LATVIAWHY STUDY IN LATVIA?
The Latvian education system consists of secondary education and higher education. General education in Latvia in total lasts 12 years consisting of necessary 9-years basic education with 3-years secondary education. There is academic and professional education in Latvia. Most of the institution of higher education offer both academic and professional higher education qualification.
- Tuition fees and living costs are generally lower than the costs in most "Western Countries".
- Universities are well known for producing high quality IT and engineering graduates.
- EU membership means that a degree from Latvia is equivalent to other EU countries, making it easier to get credentials recognized.
- You will have all the benefits of living in a European country with lower costs than many westernized EU nations.
- The capital of Latvia, Rīga, is an attractive, lively, cosmopolitan city, but less expensive than many other Western European capitals.
- Quality education at international standards in English.
- Internationally recognized undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Education in line with the American Credit System.
- Qualified faculty members at international standards.
- On-campus education with a wide range of facilities.
- Affordable tuition fees and moderate living expenses.
- Excellent facilities for social, cultural and sports activities.
- Medical insurance, provided by the government of Latvia.
- Transport, shops and entertainment are close at hand.
- Accommodation on campus and around the city.
- Student can work 20 Hrs a week.
- Paid internships Guaranteed.
Visa requirements for Latvian citizens are administrative entry restrictions by the authorities of other states placed on citizens of Latvia. In 2014, Latvian citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 158 countries and territories, ranking the Latvian passport 13th in the world.